There are three words that are commonly used to describe God; they all begin with “omni.”
- Omnipresent: Present everywhere simultaneously
- Omniscient: Total knowledge; knowing everything
- Omnipotent: Unlimited power or authority
The three “omni” words reveal truth about God’s character and nature. The prefix “omni” means all, so these words tell us that God is all present, all knowing, and all powerful.
- If God is present everywhere, then that means he is also right now with you and with me.
- If God knows everything, then that means that he also knows you and me—personally, completely, and totally.
- If God is all powerful, then that means he has the power, authority, and ability to answer our prayers.
God’s “omni” nature surely provides something us something to ponder.
Free Bible Reading Tip Sheet!
Bogged down reading the Bible?
Good news: there's hope! Reading the Bible can be a meaningful experience. Check out 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight
Let me know your email address. Then I'll email you my free Bible reading guide and add you to my mailing list. (Unsubscribe at any time.)Get 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight today!