13 Reasons Why I Love the Bible
The Holy Scriptures Are So Much More than a Sacred Icon or Guidebook for Living
I revere the Bible. Every morning I reserve time to read its words and study its meaning. It informs who I am and reforms what I do. It exposes me to God and his ways. This is why I love the Bible.
Yes, I cherish the Bible. Here are thirteen reasons why I love it so much.
Why I Love the Bible
- Supplies Us with a Greater Authority
- Reveals God the Father to Us
- Points Us to Jesus
- Shows Us the Holy Spirit
- Reminds Us of Our Heritage
- Informs Our Understanding of God
- Provides Direction for Our Lives
- Teaches How to Live With One Another
- Offers Us Hope for the Future
- Unveils Rich Literature to Us
- Gives Us Daily Inspiration
- Presents Us with a Narrative to Inform Our Lives
- Uncovers the Spiritual Realm for Us
These are some of the reasons why I love the Bible.
Paul writes to Timothy that all parts of the Bible have value. It can teach us, rebuke us, correct us, and train us for right living. This prepares us to do good (2 Timothy 3:16-17).All Scripture is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in right living.” (2 Tim 3:16) Click To Tweet
What do you think of the Bible? What is its value to you?
Free Bible Reading Tip Sheet!
Bogged down reading the Bible?
Good news: there's hope! Reading the Bible can be a meaningful experience. Check out 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight
Let me know your email address. Then I'll email you my free Bible reading guide and add you to my mailing list. (Unsubscribe at any time.)Get 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight today!