The Holy Scriptures Are So Much More than a Sacred Icon or Guidebook for Living
I revere the Bible. Every morning I reserve time to read its words and study its meaning. It informs who I am and reforms what I do. It exposes me to God and his ways. This is why I love the Bible.
Yes, I cherish the Bible. Here are thirteen reasons why I love it so much.
Why I Love the Bible
- Supplies Us with a Greater Authority
- Reveals God the Father to Us
- Points Us to Jesus
- Shows Us the Holy Spirit
- Reminds Us of Our Heritage
- Informs Our Understanding of God
- Provides Direction for Our Lives
- Teaches How to Live With One Another
- Offers Us Hope for the Future
- Unveils Rich Literature to Us
- Gives Us Daily Inspiration
- Presents Us with a Narrative to Inform Our Lives
- Uncovers the Spiritual Realm for Us
These are some of the reasons why I love the Bible.
Paul writes to Timothy that all parts of the Bible have value. It can teach us, rebuke us, correct us, and train us for right living. This prepares us to do good (2 Timothy 3:16-17).All Scripture is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training...” (2 Tim 3:16) Click To Tweet
What do you think of the Bible? What is its value to you?