The phrase “trustworthy saying” occurs five times in the Bible. It likely refers to phrases that were commonly used and accepted by the early church. Paul’s inclusion of these phrases in his letters affirms them as reliable truth. Here are the five “trustworthy sayings” that Paul recorded:
1) Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.
2) If someone aspires to be an elder, he desires an honorable position.
3) Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.
4) If we die with him, we will also live with him.
If we endure hardship, we will reign with him.
If we deny him, he will deny us.
If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny who he is.
5) When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit. He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of his grace he declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life.God saved us because of his mercy. Click To Tweet