Sermons in the Book of Acts
There are a number of sermons (teachings, messages, and proclamations) found in the book of Acts. While the definition of what constitutes a sermon and the precise number of them may be open for debate, I put the number at eleven.
There are three from Peter, one from Stephen, and seven from Paul:
- Read about sermon #1 found in Acts 2:14-36 by Peter.
- Read about sermon #2 found in Acts 3:12-26 by Peter.
- Read about sermon #3 found in Acts 7:1-53 by Stephen.
- Read about sermon #4 found in Acts 10:34-43 by Peter.
- Read about sermon #5 found in Acts 13:16-41 by Paul.
- Read about sermon #6 found in Acts 17:22-31 by Paul.
- Read about sermon #7 found in Acts 20:18-35 by Paul.
- Read about sermon #8 found in Acts 22:3-21 by Paul.
- Read about sermon #9 found in Acts 24:10-21 by Paul.
- Read about sermon #10 found in Acts 26:2-29 by Paul.
- Read about sermon #11 found in Acts 28:25-28 by Paul.
In other posts I give an overview of these eleven sermons in Acts. To start this series, read about Sermon 1.
There are many other shorter teachings and words uttered by the apostles that are recorded in the book of Acts. These are also worthy of consideration, but I’ll only discuss longer messages that are delivered in public settings. Also, keep in mind that many of the letters recorded in the New Testament are written sermons.
[Read more about the book of Acts in Dear Theophilus, Acts: 40 Devotional Insights for Today’s Church now available in e-book and paperback.]