Top Ten Books of the Bible
The Protestant Bible contains 66 books, while the Catholic Bible adds seven more. I’ve read them all, seeing value in each one. But I like some more than others.
Here are my top ten books of the Bible:
1) Luke was a doctor and the only non-Jewish author in the New Testament. He writes as an outsider, more readily connecting with those on the outside. Luke has a straightforward style, with compelling language. The book contains details not found in the other gospels and includes the oft-read Christmas story of Jesus.
2) Acts, also written by Dr Luke, continues where the book of Luke ended. Luke and Acts comprise a gripping two-book combination. Noteworthy in Acts is nearly 100 mentions of the Holy Spirit.
3) Daniel begins with six stories about Daniel and his three buddies. The last half contains four visions from God about the future.
4) Jude encourages believers to “contend for the faith” and contains warnings about ungodly people who have infiltrated the church.
5) James presents many practical teachings. Some misunderstand the book as setting aside faith in favor of good works, but this is not the case.
6) Genesis contains accounts of some colorful characters whose actions are sometimes hard to understand. Yet this is life: raw, perplexing, and occasionally, shocking.
7) Ruth is a captivating story of a widowed woman’s loyalty to her mother-in-law and the resulting reward for her devotion.
8) Esther is an intriguing story of obedience, duty, risk, and love.
9) Tobit is a supernatural epic adventure. It would make a great paranormal movie. Really.
10) Judith is the tale of a beautiful woman who daringly delivers her people from their enemies, using beauty and charm, all the while maintaining her virtue.The Protestant Bible contains 66 books, the Catholic Bible has seven more. Click To Tweet
What are your favorite books in the Bible?
Free Bible Reading Tip Sheet!
Bogged down reading the Bible?
Good news: there's hope! Reading the Bible can be a meaningful experience. Check out 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight
Let me know your email address. Then I'll email you my free Bible reading guide and add you to my mailing list. (Unsubscribe at any time.)Get 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight today!