The Holy Scriptures Are So Much More than a Sacred Icon or Guidebook for Living
I revere the Bible. Every morning I reserve time to read its words and study its meaning. It informs who I am and reforms what I do. It exposes me to God and his ways.
Yes, I cherish the Bible. Here are thirteen reasons why I love it so much. The Bible:
- Supplies Us with a Greater Authority
- Reveals God the Father to Us
- Points Us to Jesus
- Shows Us the Holy Spirit
- Reminds Us of Our Heritage
- Focuses Our Understanding of God
- Provides Direction for Our Life
- Teaches How to Live With One Another
- Offers Us Hope for the Future
- Unveils Rich Literature to Us
- Gives Us Daily Inspiration
- Presents Us with a Narrative Example for Life and Church
- Uncovers the Spiritual Realm for Us
Paul writes to Timothy that all parts of the Bible have value. It can teach us, rebuke us, correct us, and train us for right living. This prepares us to do good (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
What do you think of the Bible? What is its value to you? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.