Today, in the United States, we celebrate Thanksgiving, a time to give thanks for all we have. However, it’s morphed into a day of eating too much, watching football on television, and maybe even starting Christmas shopping.
No matter where you live or what you’re doing today, take a moment to thank God for what he’s done in your life over the past year and how he’s cared for you.Today, may you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving! Click To Tweet
As we do this, we might want to consider what the Bible says about thanksgiving. The word “thanksgiving” occurs twenty-two times in the Bible (thirty, if you include the headings that were added later).
- Leviticus mentions offerings of thanksgiving.
- In Ezra and Nehemiah, there is much thanksgiving as the people return to their homeland and rebuild the city.
- Of course, Psalms uses the word, too.
- Even the books of Isaiah and Jeremiah, which have little to celebrate, both mention thanksgiving, albeit as a future event.
- Lastly, many of Paul’s letters include thanksgiving in them.
That’s a lot of thanksgiving to consider!
Today, may you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving!