Today is Sunday and many who love God will worship him today. But why?
- Because that’s what we’re supposed to do
- Because we like the music and it uplifts us
- Because the Bible says to
- Because it gives us joy when we do it right
- Out of habit
- Out of fear
- To feel good about ourselves
- To avoid feeling guilty
- To please him
These are all secondary reasons. Worshiping God is not about us, it’s about him.We worship God to affirm him. Click To Tweet
The primary reason we worship God is to affirm him. He doesn’t need our affirmation, but we need to offer it. That’s what worship is.
Peter DeHaan writes about biblical Christianity to confront status quo religion and live a life that matters. He seeks a fresh approach to following Jesus through the lens of Scripture, without the baggage of made-up traditions and meaningless practices. Read more in his books, blog, and weekly email updates.