Welcome to Pursuing Biblical God
Welcome to “Pursuing Biblical God,” a conversation about spirituality from a biblical perspective. Here are some thoughts to get our party started:
- I’m spiritual, but not religious.That’s a trendy thing to say, but I mean it. The Pharisees were very religious; I am not.
- All things are spiritual.I reject the modern separation of reality into spiritual and secular realms.
- Not all things that are spiritual are good. At best, some spiritual ideas serve as distraction; at worse, destruction.
- I don’t have all the answers; I have mostly questions.I shun formal theology because it’s boring and impractical. I embrace paradox—and the Bible is full of wonderful, delightful paradoxes.
- I avoid the of label Christian; I am a follower of Jesus. Nothing else matters.
What makes me qualified to embark upon such a grandiose endeavor? Only that I am on a journey in pursuit of the God who is revealed in the Bible, the God who created time and space, the God who yearns to be in relationship with me—and I with him. I’m in love with creator of the universe and savior of the world and invite that you join me on this greatest of life’s adventures.
Peter DeHaan writes about biblical spirituality. He seeks a fresh approach to faith and following God through the lens of scripture, without the baggage of manmade traditions and practices. Read more in his blog, books, and personal weekly email updates.
Free Bible Reading Tip Sheet!
Bogged down reading the Bible?
Good news: there's hope! Reading the Bible can be a meaningful experience. Check out 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight
Let me know your email address. Then I'll email you my free Bible reading guide and add you to my mailing list. (Unsubscribe at any time.)Get 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight today!