The movie Secretariat evokes this fitting quote:
- Do you give the horse its strength or clothe its neck with a flowing mane?
- Do you make it leap like a locust, striking terror with its proud snorting?
- It paws fiercely, rejoicing in its strength, and charges into the fray.
- It laughs at fear, afraid of nothing; it does not shy away from the sword.
- The quiver rattles against its side, along with the flashing spear and lance.
- In frenzied excitement it eats up the ground; it cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds.
Although this is a most appropriate description of the mighty steed Secretariat, it was not written for him or the movie, but was penned several millennia before. It is from the book of Job in the Bible; the movie quotes directly from the NIV version.
Secretariat is an inspiring, feel-good flick about a magnificent racehorse, his will to win, and his big, strong heart. It is also a movie about the determination and drive of his owner to make it happen, fulfilling the vision of her late father.
Secretariat is not only a movie most worthy of our time to watch, but as a bonus, it is also family-friendly. From a production standpoint, it is top-notch, especially with believable recreations of the races themselves.
Peter DeHaan writes about biblical spirituality. He seeks a fresh approach to faith and following God through the lens of scripture, without the baggage of manmade traditions and practices. Read more in his blog, books, and personal weekly email updates.
Free Bible Reading Tip Sheet!
Bogged down reading the Bible?
Good news: there's hope! Reading the Bible can be a meaningful experience. Check out 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight
Let me know your email address. Then I'll email you my free Bible reading guide and add you to my mailing list. (Unsubscribe at any time.)Get 10 Tips to Turn Bible Reading from Drudgery to Delight today!